Bespoke Inc., Web/Full-Stack Developer
Bespoke makes a new kind of AI chatbot service that makes your trips 10 times more exciting. We provide instant assistance to overseas visitors to Japan through major hospitality clients including hotels, airports, cities, and railway companies. Our chatbot “Bebot” currently services more than 11M users a year, which is over 30% of the entire market in Japan.
We’re currently looking for full stack and frontend developers to join our web application team to help develop our chatbot clients. This team is responsible for the full software development cycle, starting from working with product management to define the ideal user experience, to code reviews and testing, to getting the code out to production. As an engineer of our chat UIs, you will work on interesting technical problems such as event-driven design, client push notification systems, responsive UI design, and exploring new web technologies. Throughout this role you will work closely with product management and backend and devops engineers to deliver the most seamless AI tourism chatbot experience available.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of web development, be creative, friendly, eager to build new skills, passionate about quality, and love to travel.
- Writing and reviewing web application code, currently written in Node.js, React.js, and Ruby
- Implementing maintainable components in the areas of event-driven design, push notification systems, and responsive UI design together with other developers
- Working with designers and product management to implement UI components
- Working with the support team to debug and triage issues
- Helping to define, estimate, and prioritize development tasks
As a startup, we are also eager to embrace your unique interests and skillset to customize the role for you.
When bringing on new team members we mostly look for a track record of technical curiosity, commitment to quality, the ability to think critically, and an aptitude for learning new things quickly. If you’re that kind of person, contact us below!
- Solid understanding of web application and frontend development
- Experience with the agile software development process
- Experience or interest in automated testing
- Ability to work in a diverse, English-speaking team (Japanese not required)
Also awesome if you can
- Write backend code or have UX/UI design experience
- Speak other world languages