Bespoke Inc., Web Application Developer
Bespoke Inc., is building chat bots and other resources for travelers as well as Japanese businesses that want to attract and support more overseas visitors to Japan.
We’re looking for full stack developers to join our web application team to help create a Node.js and React based information and analytics platform to provide hotels and businesses with insight into their customers visiting from overseas. The team is also responsible for building a website that helps travelers find truly local experiences on their own, with other travelers, or with locals that want to share their favorite parts of Japan. Ideally new team members spend most of their time in Japan, or another APAC area, love to travel, enjoy learning new things and building new skills.
- Writing and reviewing application code written in Node.js and/or React.js
- Working with designers and user representatives to build and integrate UI elements
- Writing and reviewing REST API code written in Node.js and Sails.js
- Working with the support team to debug and triage technical issues
- Helping to define, estimate and prioritize development tasks, and projects
When bringing on new team members we mostly look for a track record of technical curiosity, commitment to quality, the ability to think critically, and an aptitude for learning new things quickly. If you’re that kind of person, contact us below!
- Node.js development experience in general, and Sails.js experience in particular
- Experience with React and Flux
- Comfort with LESS and typical design tools, e.g., Sketch
- Solid knowledge of testing (unit and acceptance) practices
- Knowledge of WebSockets, Socket.IO and Server Sent Events
- Comfort with functional programming, as well as object oriented development principals
- Experience with SQL, and database migrations
- Interest in data analysis, and statistics