Bespoke Inc., Senior Web/Full-Stack Developer
Bespoke makes a new kind of AI chatbot service that makes your trips 10 times more exciting. We provide instant assistance to overseas visitors to Japan through major hospitality clients including hotels, airports, cities, and railway companies. Our chatbot “Bebot” currently services more than 11M users a year, which is over 30% of the entire market in Japan.
We’re looking for experienced full stack and frontend developers to join our web application team to design and help implement our chatbot web clients as needs and the web evolve. The web development team is responsible for the full software development cycle, starting from working with product management to define the ideal user experience, to code reviews and tests, to getting the code out to production. As a senior web application engineer, you’ll help design and implement solutions to problems in technical areas such as event-driven design, client push notification systems, responsive UI design, and researching new web technologies. You will also mentor junior developers in technical subjects and participate in hiring new developers. Throughout this role you will work closely with product management and backend and devops engineers to deliver the most seamless AI tourism chatbot experience available.
Senior developers at Bespoke collectively act as team leaders and generally lead one or more development projects. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of web development with experience creating in large-scale messaging or similar applications, be creative and friendly, eager to teach others, passionate about quality, and love to travel.
- Designing and implementing scalable web application code. Our code is currently written in Node.js, React.js, and Ruby, but if you have better ideas, we are happy to hear them!
- Working with product management, backend engineers, and devops engineers to roll out new functionality
- Designing maintainable web application architectures in the areas of event-driven design, push notification systems, and responsive UI design together with other web application developers
- Owning the technical scoping and delivery of one or more frontend development projects
- Mentoring junior developers and participating in hiring
As a startup, we are also eager to embrace your unique interests and skillset to customize the role for you.
When bringing on new team members we mostly look for a track record of technical curiosity, commitment to quality, the ability to think critically, and an aptitude for learning new things quickly. If you’re that kind of person, contact us below!
- Solid experience in development of large, scalable web applications
- Well-versed in the agile software development process
- Experience in automated unit and end-to-end testing for web applications
- Ability to communicate technical problems clearly
- Ability to work in a diverse, English-speaking team (Japanese not required)
Also awesome if you
- Have technical leadership experience
- Enjoy writing backend code or have UX/UI design experience
- Speak other world languages
Visa sponsorship is possible for this role.