Bespoke Inc., Senior Backend Developer
Bespoke makes a new kind of AI chatbot service that makes your trips 10 times more exciting. We provide instant assistance to overseas visitors to Japan through major hospitality clients including hotels, airports, cities, and railway companies. Our chatbot “Bebot” currently services more than 11M users a year, which is over 30% of the entire market in Japan.
We’re looking for experienced software developers to join our backend application team. This team develops and maintains all services that support our chatbot platform. As a senior developer on this team, you’ll help design and implement solutions to problems in technical areas such as service architecture, scalability, API integration, messaging and queueing systems, and distributed systems. You will also mentor junior developers in technical subjects and participate in hiring new developers. Throughout this role you’ll work closely with product management, frontend developers, NLP engineers, and devops engineers, to deliver the most robust AI tourism chatbot experience available.
Senior developers at Bespoke collectively act as team leaders and generally lead one or more development projects. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of backend development for the web and service-oriented architecture, be creative and friendly, eager to teach others, passionate about quality, and love to travel.
- Designing and implementing backend code. Our code is currently written in Ruby and Node.js, but if you have more ideas we are happy to hear them!
- Working with frontend, NLP, and devops engineers to design and roll out new functionality
- Designing maintainable service architectures for scalability in the areas of API integration, messaging and distributed systems together with other backend developers
- Owning the technical scoping and delivery of one or more backend development projects
- Mentoring junior developers and participating in hiring
As a startup, we are also eager to embrace your unique interests and skillset to customize the role for you.
When bringing on new team members we mostly look for a track record of technical curiosity, commitment to quality, the ability to think critically, and an aptitude for learning new things quickly. If you’re that kind of person, contact us below!
- Solid web backend development experience
- Well-versed in the agile software development process
- Experience in automated testing
- Ability to commmunicate technical problems clearly
- Ability to work in a diverse, English-speaking team (Japanese not required)
Also awesome if you
- Have technical leadership or project management experience
- Enjoy writing frontend code or have devops experience
- Speak other world languages
Visa sponsorship is possible for this role.