Bespoke Inc., Senior Product Manager
Bespoke makes a new kind of AI chatbot service that makes your trips 10 times more exciting. We provide instant assistance to overseas visitors to Japan through major hospitality clients including hotels, airports, cities, and railway companies. Our chatbot “Bebot” currently services over 11M users a year, which is over 30% of the entire market in Japan.
We’re seeking an experienced and entrepreneurial Senior Product Manager to join our team. You will work with our leadership team and the technology team to hone and deliver on Bespoke’s unique product offering, and directly impact the growth and direction of the company. You will also be responsible for hiring, training, and mentoring a team of Product Managers to support this growth and direction.
Bespoke is a highly collaborative and fast moving environment, and you’ll work with incredibly talented people across the entire organization to create real-time products for our clients and analysts, focused on the delivery of knowledge.
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products to help Bespoke grow faster.
- Build and own a data-driven roadmap to push the Bespoke product forward.
- Manage the full product life-cycle, from research and design through development and deploy.
- Be the voice of our customers – both clients and analysts.
- Leverage data and collaborate with Engineering, Product, Sales, and Marketing teams to synthesize feedback and define product direction.
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
- Build and manage a team of Product Managers.
- 5+ years product management experience at a high growth software company.
- 3+ years experience managing Product Managers and product teams.
- Ability to talk tech in-depth and understand databases, weighing in on technical tradeoffs.
- Ability to create goals, prioritize, and defend your decisions driving towards the goals you define.
- Metrics focused, with an ability to define metrics for success and failure and analyze what may or may not be working.
- Strong product sense and deep understanding of what makes products effective.
- Self-motivated and willing to handle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience in a highly analytical or quantitative role preferred.
- Fluent in Japanese and business level in English
- Demonstrate the ability to work with people from many different backgrounds
- Great time management skills
- Flexible with working hours
- Legally able to be employed in Japan
- Monday to Friday (hours may vary, as we don’t adhere to set office hours)