Bespoke Inc., Sales Director - Japan
Bespoke is a global leader in providing AI-powered chatbots that help customer support organizations answer questions more quickly, accurately, and efficiently than traditional call centers. Bespoke’s technology relies on advanced AI technology to understand the intent behind a customer’s question and match it to an approved, curated answer. Since answers are curated, Bespoke has a team of chat support specialists that can intervene in a conversation and work to continuously improve the Bot’s knowledge on behalf of the customer.
Bespoke is looking for someone to lead our sales efforts in Japan. In this role, you will recruit and lead a team of sales professionals to rapidly grow Bespoke’s revenue. Your role will be diverse and includes hands-on work with key accounts, creation and validation of new sales motions, creation of new channel partners, and setting/monitoring performance metrics for your team.
Much of your effort will be spent on developing a SME/Inside Sales organization, though your responsibility will also cover several incumbent enterprise accounts and opportunities.
- Drives significant revenue growth by defining new sales motions, creating new partnerships, and building/managing a high-performing sales team.
- Creates plans (hiring, sales motions) to meet revenue goals established by Bespoke.
- Hires high performing sales team members.
- Sets and enforces performance, activity and reporting metrics.
- Defines and executes lead generation activities, including thought leadership and speaking engagements, to create enough demand to meet your targets.
- Develops an external voice and image that projects expertise in the industries where Bespoke’s product gains traction.
- Fluency in Japanese and English
- Past experience building and growing a successful inside sales team within a software business (preferably a SaaS software business).
- 5+ years of experience managing sales professionals, including setting and assessing performance, activity, and reporting (data hygiene) goals.
- Past experience reporting to a non-sales leader with demonstrated ability to set organization goals and build a plan to meet the targets of the business.
- 3+ years experience finding and managing channel partners.
- Previous experience generating leads within a sales role.
- A history of developing a voice and image in the industries you’ve actively sold into.
- Questions assumptions and reasons about the bigger picture, including technical and business perspectives
- A college degree. MBA a plus.
- Existing relationships with SaaS channel partners focused on solutions for hospitality, government, travel, or transportation.
- Business (consulting) expertise or technical expertise relevant to Bespoke’s industry or target customers.
- Experience in city SaaS software, government, hospitality, travel, or transportation.