Bespoke Inc., Data Scientist, Behavioral Analytics
Bespoke makes a new kind of AI chatbot service that makes your trips 10 times more exciting. We provide instant assistance to overseas visitors to Japan through major hospitality clients including hotels, airports, cities, and railway companies. Our chatbot “Bebot” currently services more than 11M users a year, which is over 30% of the entire market in Japan.
What data can we measure to determine whether we should support chat history across devices? When can we confidently say a feature improved our user experience? When are two questions asked by a customer close enough to be counted as the same?
We’re looking for a data scientist join our team to help answer questions like these. Currently, we strive to make all decisions data-driven, through A/B testing and rapid deployment of new features. We now want to take our experiment platform to the next level. In this role, you will work closely with product management and our development teams to define what an experiment needs to be statistically sound, devise ways to encode complex user behaviors as metrics, and expose these through a platform used together with product management to make product decisions.
The ideal candidate will have solid experience in scripting, have experience in statistics and data visualization, be creative, and love to travel.
- Devise and validate measures to understand complex user behaviors and write scripts to calculate them
- Work with product management and development teams to implement a new experiment platform and metric visualization tool, using custom or existing tooling
- Create algorithms to determine whether experiments show statistically significant improvements
- Have ownership of the data pipeline from raw data to insights
As a startup, we are also eager to embrace your unique interests and skillset to customize the role for you.
When bringing on new team members we mostly look for a track record of technical curiosity, commitment to quality, the ability to think critically, and an aptitude for learning new things quickly. If you’re that kind of person, contact us below!
- Ability to write scripts that parse log files, call web services, and calculate statistics
- Solid grasp of statistical methods
- Ability to define concrete metrics representing complex behaviors
- Experience with data visualization
- Ability to work in a diverse, English-speaking team (Japanese not required)
Also awesome if you have
- Interest or experience in product management or user experience design
- Familiarity with web application development or natural language processing