Bespoke Inc., Content UX Lead
Bespoke is a global leader in providing AI-powered chatbots that help companies and governments provide their customers with an engaging and improved customer experience when searching for help or trying to perform routine tasks. Bespoke’s technology relies on advanced AI technology to understand the intent behind a customer’s question and reply with a dynamic or curated answer. Furthermore, to achieve continuous learning in our AI, Bespoke has a team of chat support specialists that can intervene in a conversation and continuously improve the Bot’s knowledge on behalf of the customer. Our chatbot “Bebot” currently services over 11M users a year, which is over 30% of the entire market in Japan as well as international customers such as Star Alliance and Tampa Airport.
We’re looking for a passionate leader to own bot content and conversation design, with an emphasis on Japanese bots. This role will be responsible for deeply understanding the customer’s offerings and expectations in order to create engaging, appropriate content. You will work with the platform experts to understand and utilize the conversational capabilities of our AI platform. Using your creativity as well as chat metrics, you will identify opportunities and implement new, fun conversation experiences. Finally, you will amplify your impact by training and mentoring other content writers to follow the guidelines you create.
The ideal candidate will combine customer service excellence, creativity, and leadership skills to deliver stunning and effective chat experiences in all of our bots.
- Defines guidelines on what great chat content is
- Partners with the customer and performs research to understand the bot offering and customer content expectations
- Writes excellent, polite, and fun Japanese content
- Mentors others and gives trainings on content creation
- Works directly in our AI platform to configure bot flows
- Makes suggestions to the technical team about new conversational features we could implement
- Uses data to back up creative ideas and measure impact of UX suggestions
- Performs A/B tests or other experiments to test out ideas
- Identifies opportunities to streamline content creation and speed up delivery
- Gives final sign-off for all Japanese and English content
- Identifies opportunities to improve key metrics such as user engagement using data and creativity
- Depending on experience, may also take leadership of our team of chatbot support operators. Proposes and drives new initiatives to train chatbot operators, track performance, and boost overall response quality.
We are also eager to embrace your unique interests and skillset to customize the role for you.
- Excellent, native-level written Japanese and business-level English
- Demonstrated professional experience in Japanese content creation (copywriting, marketing, translation, etc)
- Able to adapt their writing style depending on the subject and customer expectations, including high formality such as for customer service or government
- UX experience
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior team members
- Experience in project management or delegating tasks to a team with tight deadlines
- Interest and willingness to work deeply with our technical platform
- High level of ownership and able to prioritize tasks and fill in gaps as needed
- Able to work in a diverse, primarily English-speaking team
- Native-level written English
- Experience working directly with Japanese customers
- People management experience, preferably owning a support or content creation team (advertising, marketing, ecommerce, technical support, etc.)
- Experience in chatbots or conversation design
- A/B testing experience
- Demonstrate the ability to work with people from many different backgrounds
- Friendly, positive attitude
- Flexible with working hours, especially during tight launch deadlines
- Legally able to be employed in Japan
Please scroll down and submit the Contact Us form with a note about which positions you are interested in and, if available, a link to your profile or resume. Looking forward to hearing from you!