Bespoke Inc., Chatbot Developer
Bespoke Inc., is building chat bots and other resources for travelers as well as Japanese businesses that want to attract and support more overseas visitors to Japan.
We’re looking for developers to join our chat bot team to help us create a flexible chat bot in Ruby that integrates with many different messaging systems and data sources. Ideally new team members spend most of their time in Japan, or another APAC area, love to travel, enjoy learning new things and building new skills.
- Writing and reviewing chat bot application code in Ruby
- Writing and reviewing framework level chat bot code
- Integrating and enhancing NLP engines and services
- Integrating external data sources, booking systems and chat services
- Working with the support team to debug and triage technical issues
- Helping to define, estimate and prioritize development tasks, and projects
Chat bots are not new, but not many developers have experience building them. If you do, please apply right away. When bringing on new team members we mostly look for a track record of technical curiosity, commitment to quality, the ability to think critically, and an aptitude for learning new things quickly. If you’re that kind of person, contact us below!
- Ruby development experience in general, and conversational user interface (chat bot) experience in particular
- Solid knowledge of testing (unit and acceptance) practices
- Comfort with object oriented development principals, meta programming and exposure to functional development patterns
- Experience with SQL, and NoSQL
- Exposure to NLP, Taxonomies, and Finite State Machines
- Interest in data analysis, and statistics