Bespoke Inc., Chatbot Solutions Engineer
Bespoke is a global leader in providing AI-powered chatbots that help companies and governments provide their customers with an engaging and improved customer experience when searching for help or trying to perform routine tasks. Bespoke’s technology relies on advanced AI technology to understand the intent behind a customer’s question and reply with a dynamic or curated answer. Furthermore, to achieve continuous learning in our AI, Bespoke has a team of chat support specialists that can intervene in a conversation and continuously improve the Bot’s knowledge on behalf of the customer. Our chatbot “Bebot” currently services over 11M users a year, which is over 30% of the entire market in Japan as well as international customers such as Star Alliance and Tampa Airport.
We’re looking for a creative and technical individual to create and maintain chatbots in our in-house AI platform. You will be expected to develop a deep understanding of our bot-creation platform, serving as the tool expert for the delivery team. According to the client requirements as well as input from the conversation designers, you will design the optimal question sets and training data for each bot to understand natural language user queries. You will work closely with the R&D/machine learning and software engineering teams to leverage sophisticated conversational features. In turn you will also provide guidance to the conversational designers on what is or is not possible. Finally, you will use your creativity to make suggestions for features we should implement to provide new fun conversational experiences or to streamline bot creation.
The ideal candidate will combine curiosity, self-motivation, technical and logical skills, and creativity to deliver stunning and effective chat experiences in all of our bots.
- Be an expert in our chatbot creation platform
- Create and maintain bots to achieve awesome conversation flows designed by our team and the customer
- Work closely with delivery and content roles in order to meet bot launch deadlines
- Provide guidance to delivery, content, and design team members on bot capabilities
- Design bot training data to support the scope of questions needed by each bot with high accuracy
- Be an active member of our technical team, working together with the machine learning and software teams to understand, suggest, and design new features
- Track and improve bot accuracy KPIs
- Identify opportunities to streamline bot creation to improve delivery speed
- Depending on experience, hire and lead additional bot makers as the company grows
We are also eager to embrace your unique interests and skillset to customize the role for you.
- Business-level English, basic Japanese
- Technical understanding to deeply learn our platform’s technical and AI capabilities
- Curious and self-motivated mindset
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to streamline processes
- High level of ownership and willing to fill in gaps as needed
- Native-level written English or Japanese
- Experience in creating chatbots (e.g. Dialogflow, Lex, Watson)
- Experience working as a solution engineer or creating solutions directly for customers
- Coding, database, or machine learning/NLP experience
- Demonstrate the ability to work with people from many different backgrounds
- Friendly, positive attitude
- Flexible with working hours, especially during tight launch deadlines
- Legally able to be employed in Japan
Please scroll down and submit the Contact Us form with a note about which positions you are interested in and, if available, a link to your profile or resume. Looking forward to hearing from you!