Bespoke Inc., Backend Developer
Bespoke makes a new kind of AI chatbot service that makes your trips 10 times more exciting. We provide instant assistance to overseas visitors to Japan through major hospitality clients including hotels, airports, cities, and railway companies. Our chatbot “Bebot” currently services more than 11M users a year, which is over 30% of the entire market in Japan.
We’re looking for software developers to join our backend application team. This team develops and maintains all services that support our chatbot platform. On this team you’ll work in technical areas such as service design, scalability, API integration, messaging and queueing systems, and distributed systems. Throughout this role you’ll work closely with product management, frontend developers, NLP engineers, and devops engineers, to deliver the most robust AI tourism chatbot experience available.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of backend development for the web, service design, be creative, eager to build new skills, passionate about quality, and love to travel.
- Writing and reviewing backend code, currently written primarily in Ruby and Node.js
- Working with frontend, NLP, and devops engineers to roll out new functionality
- Implementing maintainable service components for scalability in the areas of API integration, messaging systems, and distributed systems together with other developers
- Working with the support team to debug and triage technical issues
- Helping to define, estimate and prioritize development tasks
As a startup, we are also eager to embrace your unique interests and skillset to customize the role for you.
When bringing on new team members we mostly look for a track record of technical curiosity, commitment to quality, the ability to think critically, and an aptitude for learning new things quickly. If you’re that kind of person, contact us below!
- Web backend development experience
- Experience with the agile software development process
- Experience or interest in automated testing
- Ability to work in a diverse, English-speaking team (Japanese not required)
Also awesome if you can
- Write frontend code or have devops experience
- Speak other world languages